Board of Commissioners
The Swaziland Competition Commission is headed by a Chief Executive Officer and a Board of Commissioners. Currently the CEO is Ms. Thabisile Langa and the Chairman of the Board of Commissioners is Mr. Sibusiso Motsa.
The Board of Commissioners is the highest decision making organ of the institution. The Board is the adjudicative organ of the Commission charged with the function of adjudicating over all investigations, merger review and cases conducted by the Secretariat. The decisions of the Board are appealable to the High Court of Eswatini. The Board is also the seat of all policy formulation and adoption. The Board is comprised of ten (10) members including the Chief Executive Officer. The members of the Board are nominated by their institutions and appointed by the Minister of Commerce. They are representative of key stakeholders in the business sector.
The Board members are-
- Sibusiso Motsa – Board Chairman. The Board Chairman is a member appointed by the Minister by virtue of his knowledge and expertise
- Steven Ntshalintshali – Vice Chairman, nominated by the Swaziland Institute of Accountants;
- Primrose Dlamini – nominated by the Ministry of Finance;
- Maqhawe Mnisi – nominated by Ministry of Economic Planning;
- Walter Matsebula – nominated by the Economics Association of Swaziland;
- Nobuhle Matsebula – nominated by the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Trade;
- Bongani Mdluli – nominated by the Swaziland Consumers Association;
- Nozipho Msibi – nominated by the Federation of Swaziland Employers and Chamber of Commerce;
- Muzikayise Simelane – nominated by the Law Society of Swaziland; and
- Thabisile Langa – Executive Director and Ex- officio member.