Board of Commissioners
The Eswatini Competition Commission is headed by a Chief Executive Officer and a Board of Commissioners. Currently the CEO is Mr. Muzi Dlamini and the Chairman of the Board of Commissioners is Mr. Sandile Simelane.
The Board of Commissioners is the highest decision making organ of the institution. The Board is the adjudicative organ of the Commission charged with the function of adjudicating over all investigations, merger review and cases conducted by the Secretariat. The decisions of the Board are appealable to the High Court of Eswatini. The Board is also the seat of all policy formulation and adoption. The Board is comprised of ten (10) members including the Chief Executive Officer. The members of the Board are nominated by their institutions and appointed by the Minister of Commerce. They are representative of key stakeholders in the business sector.
The Board members are-
- Sandile Simelane – Board Chairman. The Board Chairman is a member appointed by the Minister by virtue of his knowledge and expertise
- Muzi Simelane – Vice Chairperson. Nominated by the Law Society of Eswatini.
- Andrea Mendes – nominated by the Institute of Accountants;
- Siphiwe Dlamini Sibandze – nominated by the Ministry of Economic Planning;
- Kate Mamba – nominated by the Ministry of Finance;
- Nontobeko Mabuza – nominated by the Economics Association;
- Dr. Celucolo Dludlu – nominated by the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Trade;
- Mandla Ntjakala – nominated by the Consumer Forum;
- E. Nathi Dlamini – nominated by Business Eswatini; and
- Muzi Dlamini – Executive Director and Ex- officio member.